Monday, May 08, 2006

The trouble with XM

I'll get back to the channel-by-channel review soon. But in the meantime, I'm still stuck on a problem I noticed a while back -- with so many niche channels to program, they dredge up an awful lot of crap.

I wrote before about the lame extended EBN-OZN dance mix they were fond of playing. In one hour, I've heard two that were worse. David Bowie's agonizing remix of Let's Dance was one I'd heard before. Then came a version of Fleetwood Mac's Sara that simply refused to end. For a while, it just repeated. Then ... oy ... a bunch of "oh whoaaaa"s behind Stevie Nicks repeating doggerel like "Never chaaaaaange."

All I can say is that I hope they simply looped Christine McVie's piano lick along with the John McVie-Mick Fleetwood rhythm track. There weren't enough drugs in California at that time to keep everyone awake through that mess.

And I like that song. The original, that is.

No comments: