Monday, January 30, 2006

Five to one, and one in five ...

No meme here gets out alive.

Especially one that requires tagging five people. Geez, do I even know five bloggers who'll do this? Sure, Corndog does, but he's a popular musician. I'm a lame journalist.

Anyway, here goes:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) Overread
2) BrightStar
3) dr four eyes
4) corndog
5) Mostly Modern Media

Next select five people to tag

1) Chip
2) Neel
3) Michael
4) Yeah, I really don't know many more people who don't stick to issues of journalism, technology or theology. The priest at my church has a great blog, and he's an amazing classical guitarist, but I don't think I should send this his way.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

January 1996: Yikes. I had just moved in with someone. It didn't go well, for a number of reasons. I was still working on a copy desk and fiddling with HTML in my spare time.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

January 2005: Shoveling snow, adjusting to life in the new house, taking MMM Jr. to the pre-toddler room.

Five snacks you enjoy:

A. Goldfish, preferably parmesan
B. Ruffles Natural. Slightly less unhealthy than regular Ruffles, so I eat twice as many
C. Popcorn. Not particular, so I lean toward healthier options
D. Cheese and crackers
E. Moon Pie, stuck in the microwave for two 10-second blasts. Not 20 seconds. Two 10-second blasts. You have to let the marshmallow contract a bit, or else you're just going to be scraping Moon Pie off your microwave for days.

Five songs you know all the words to:

Just five? And will there be a quiz? If I had to do this a capella, I might freeze like an American Idol contestant.

A. Overkill - Men At Work
B. I Am Henry The Eighth, I Am - Herman's Hermits (it helps that the second verse is the same as the first)
C. Middle of the Road - Pretenders
D. The Old Apartment - Barenaked Ladies
E. I'm Keeping Your Poop - Hayseed Dixie

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

A. Finish MMM Jr.'s college fund
B. Go on my own health care, quit work and write books. At least for a year or two
C. Buy some exercise equipment
D. Remodel the house
E. Give a ton of it to Jimmy Carter

Five bad habits:

A. Thinking depressing thoughts
B. Pointless Internet arguments
C. Coca-Cola, the best drink ever invented
D. Wasting time on IMDB wondering just what happened to, say, the voice of Marie on The Aristocats
E. Correcting people

Five things you enjoy doing:

A. Bicycling downhill or on level ground
B. Playing with dogs and children
C. Daydreaming, as long as it's relatively positive
D. Solving problems
E. Watching NewsRadio, Scrubs, Monty Python, The Young Ones, The Simpsons and Spinal Tap

Five things you would never wear again:

A. My marching band uniform
B. My Husker Du T-shirt. I liked it, I'll just never be that thin again
C. Hairspray
D. Black shoes with white socks
E. A turtleneck two sizes too small

Five favorite toys:

A. Sony Vaio
B. Ibanez ... not quite a Stratocaster
C. Anything resembling drums
D. Crock Pot
E. Soccer ball

No comments: