Sunday, January 01, 2006

In 2006, I will ...

  1. Be a good father.
  2. Write a book.
  3. Read some books.
  4. Walk around my town and neighborhood more often.
  5. Waste less time online.
  6. Waste more time outside.
  7. Come up with a plan for remodeling our house.
  8. Do a reasonable amount of yard work without becoming obsessive.
  9. Talk less and listen more.
  10. Give four or five more pints of blood, depending on what the Red Cross will allow. (I think my lifetime total is around 25.)
  11. Learn more about the charities I support and perhaps blog about them.
  12. Eat pizza.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donating blood is a good thing. Our son was the recipient of donor blood while he was in the NICU. We are forever grateful for whoever donated their blood - it helped save his life. So, donating blood is a good thing.

And, good luck with your other "I will" goals.

bdure said...

I'll keep giving blood as long as I can -- with all the conditions they add, I might someday spend too much time in Europe or contract something that will disqualify me.

I figure I should keep doing it while I can. Not everyone meets the criteria, and it's a form of community service I can commit to.

Bonnie said...

What great goals!

I can't give blood (anemia), but I always try... get those little "I tried" stickers... and then go cry about it.

Anyway, point is... you've set great goals! I should waste more time outside too. Awesome.